The following points should be kept in mind while supervising brick work.
- Before using bricks in construction it should be Checked for its physical properties (eg strength, dimension, water absorption etc.).
- bricks must be in harmony Designer’s Specification,
- Before using bricks in construction, it should be soaked in water For a sufficient time so that the water can penetrate the entire depth of the brick.
- After the soaking period is over, the bricks should be removed from the water and allowed to form surface dry, before use in construction.
- always laid its bricks frog upstairs,
- The mortar should completely cover the bed and the sides of the bricks.
- While laying bricks on mortar bed, it should be pressed slightly into the mortar bed to ensure Good bonding and uniform joint thickness,
- Bricks should also be pressed sideways during laying, so that the vertical joints have a uniform thickness.
- All joints in brick masonry should be filled with mortar in such a way that no cavity left in the middle.
- Brick construction should start from its end or corners and should be done in a perfectly lined up.
- Brick work should be completely level.
- Examine the vertical faces of a brickwork by means of a plumb bob and inclined surfaces through wooden templates.
- Brick bonds as suggested by the designer should be adopted.
- try to use as far as possible less number of brick bats,
- Mortar of required consistency should be used.
- The amount of mortar per use should be so prepared that it can be used within 30 minutes. no mortar Should not be used older than 30 minutes,
- If a cross wall is to be installed later, Steps or make teeth or Holiday must be provided during construction.
- At the top of the plinth, window sill, floor level, roof level and parapet wall, the brick course should be laid with bricks on the side.
- Hold Fast for wrought iron fixtures such as doors and windows etc. should be embedded in cement mortar or cement concrete.
- If the face of the wall is to be plastered, All joints must be raked At least to a depth of 10 to 15 mm. This raking is done when the mortar is in green condition.
- If the wall surface is not to be plastered, the joints in the wall surface should not be rubbed at all.
- Feather Every 30 meters to 45 meters of wall length, give expansion joints of about 18mm to 25mm
- After the construction of brick masonry, it should be Are you ok properly for the duration of 1 to 2 weeks,
Read also: How to store bricks on the site?
Also read: Why Bricks Are Soaked In Water Before Use?
Also read: 8 Must Follow Rules For Good Bonding In A Brick Pan
Also read: 4 Commonly Used Bonds In Brick Masonry
Also read: 10 Different Types Of Brick Cuts Used In Brick Masonry
Also read: What Are The Defects In Brick Masonry And Its Remedies?