Noida International Airport Construction, Noida International Greenfield Airport – The proposed greenfield airport at Jewar, Noida International Airport, would improve connectivity between Delhi NCR, Noida, and Western UP.
NIA, a blend of Swiss efficiency and Indian hospitality, aims to be India’s leading airport in terms of customer service, efficiency, digital services, and commitment to environmental sustainability.
NIA will offer a modern and seamless passenger experience as well as a diverse selection of commercial offerings for families with children, senior citizens, and business travellers.
Noida International Airport, also known as Jewar Airport or Noida International Greenfield Airport, is an under-construction international airport in Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, near the town of Jewar.
On behalf of the Uttar Pradesh government, the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) would be the implementing agency.
The airport will be built under a Public-Private-Partnership concept (PPP). The proposed proposal is to construct a two-runway airport by 2024, with the option to expand it to a 7,200-acre (2,900-hectare) 6-runway airport at a later date.
The project site is 72 kilometres (45 miles) from Indira Gandhi International Airport, which currently serves the entire National Capital Region and is rapidly approaching capacity; 36 kilometres from Bulandshahr, 60 kilometres from Noida, 70 kilometres from Faridabad and Ghaziabad, 48 kilometres from Greater Noida, 65 kilometres from Aligarh, 65 kilometres from Gurgaon, and 130 kilometres from Agra. It will be connected to the Yamuna Expressway, making Agra, Mathura, and Vrindavan accessible to both domestic and foreign tourists.
|Distance From||Distance in Kilometer|
|Indira Gandhi International Airport||72 Kilometers|
|Greater Noida||48 Kilometers|
Noida International Airport
|Airport Name||Noida International Airport / Yamuna International Airport / Noida International Greenfield Airport|
|Owner||Noida International Airport Limited (NIAL)|
|Operator||Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL)|
(a SPV of Flughafen Zürich AG)
|Serves||Delhi, Noida and Greater Noida|
|Location||Jewar, Gautam Buddha Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh|
Noida International Airport Jewar News Updates
- Noida International Airport Company Limited (NIAL) is established in August 2018. The project’s bidding and overall project management will be handled by NIAL.
- The UP government authorises a land acquisition budget of 1,260 crores in November 2018.
- The airport will be built under the Private Public Partnership (PPP) concept in December 2018.
- Dec 2018: The district administration submitted a rehabilitation and resettlement (R&R) document on land acquisition on December 29th.
- The acquisition of 1,334 hectares of land will begin by the end of the month.
- Feb 2019: The UP government has set aside 800 crore in its budget for land acquisition to speed up the process. In March 2019, the foundation stone will be set.
- The foundation stone laying ceremony has been postponed for a few months due to land acquisition concerns.
- In September 2019, 707 hectares of land were secured, accounting for 57% of the overall required of 1,239 hectares for the project’s first phase. The remaining site will be purchased soon, and the developer for phase 1 will be chosen by November 2019.
- On November 29, 2019, Zurich Airport received a contract for the development and operation of the airport for the next 40 years.
- Land acquisition for phase 1 of the project, which required 1,334 hectares out of a total requirement of 5,000 hectares, was completed in January 2020. The first phase of the airport project is expected to be finished in 2023.
Nagar Panchayat Jewar
The Nagar Panchayat Jewar (Jewar, Gautam Buddha Nagar) is adorned with the Tapobhoomi of Maharishi Jabali Rishi and the holy land like Dauji Temple, Maharishi Jabali Rishi Ashram, Devi Temple, Thehani Ashram, Mandi Darwaza, Kanha Ji Gaushala, Jama Masjid, Shakar Varsha.
The history of Nagar Panchayat Jewar dates back to the time of Maharishi Jabali, who was a Vedic Rishi, the author of the Javalonishad. Famous Maharishi Vedic texts, known as Satyakam Jabali, were found in the Ramayana and Mahabharata period, information about this place is also found.
Jewar was initially associated with Agra division and later was associated with Meerut division. With the formation of district Gautam Nagar in the year 1998, Jewar was separated from Bulandshahr district and became Tehsil of district Gautam Budh Nagar.
The Jewar Nagar Panchayat was formed on 27 June 1928 and the boundary was extended on 1 September 1956.
According to the 2011 census the population is 32269 Literacy Male 67.1 Female 43.5. The current election of Nagar Panchayat Jewar was held in December 2017. Nagar Panchayat Jewar currently has 16 wards.
Md Shahin Akhter is a Civil Engineer from MIT and has more than 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering and Construction Department. Md Shahin Akhter is Civil Engineer in Nagar Parishad (Municipal Council), Supaul. He is Webmaster and Founder at ProCivilEngineer.com Civil Engineering Website.