Floors are one of the important parts of the house. Its appearance should be pleasing and should attract the attention of the people. The floor should also be durable, easy to maintain. If proper care is taken during the construction of the floor it will have a longer life span and require less maintenance.
Precautions to be taken during floor construction
- The floor base and sub-base on the ground floor should be prepared very carefully, strictly following the construction specification and procedure.
- The slope required for the floor should be given in the base course itself.
- Metal or other strips, as may be required for laying the floor, should be laid in a straight line.
- The floor, including the base concrete floor, should be properly treated so that the required strength is achieved.
- The tiles for the floor should be laid on the mortar bed in such a way that no gap is left between the mortar and the tile.
- Tiles must be properly tapped into the mortar bed to ensure proper leveling.
- Wood or bamboo flooring finishes should be glued to the base with the help of a prescribed adhesive.
Floors will perform well and require less maintenance over time if the above precautions are taken.