Autocad Versions – AutoCAD is a computer-aided design (CAD) software that has been used for decades in various industries such as architecture, engineering, and construction. Over the years, AutoCAD has undergone many updates and improvements, resulting in different versions. Here are some of the significant AutoCAD versions:
- AutoCAD 1.0 (1982) – This was the first version of AutoCAD, released in December 1982.
- AutoCAD R12 (1992) – This version introduced support for TrueType fonts and included 3D modeling capabilities.
- AutoCAD 2000 (1999) – This version had significant improvements in 3D modeling and visualization, including support for rendering and lighting effects.
- AutoCAD 2004 (2003) – This version introduced Dynamic Blocks, which allowed for more intelligent and flexible block objects.
- AutoCAD 2007 (2006) – This version featured improved 3D modeling and visualization tools, as well as enhancements to the user interface.
- AutoCAD 2010 (2009) – This version introduced parametric drawing, which allowed for the creation of relationships between objects and automatic updating of dimensions and geometry.
- AutoCAD 2013 (2012) – This version had improvements in 3D modeling, including better support for point clouds and mesh modeling.
- AutoCAD 2018 (2017) – This version featured improvements to the user interface, including the introduction of the “Ribbon” interface.
- AutoCAD 2022 (2021) – This is the latest version of AutoCAD, which includes new features such as drawing history and improved collaboration tools.
Autocad Versions List | The version history of AutoCAD, a commercial computer-aided design (CAD) and drafting software application by Autodesk, began with the release of version 1.0 in December 1982. The software has been continuously updated since its initial release.
AutoCAD opens documents having a DWG version which matches the version of AutoCAD being used or any prior DWG version.
The following table summarises the version history of the AutoCAD software application.
|AutoCAD Version 1.0||1||1||DWG R1.0 file format|
|AutoCAD Version 1.2||1.2||2||DWG R1.2 file format|
|AutoCAD Version 1.3||1.3||3||DWG R1.3 file format|
|AutoCAD Version 1.4||1.4||4||DWG R1.4 file format|
|AutoCAD Version 2.0||2||5||DWG R2.05 file format|
|AutoCAD Version 2.1||2.1||6||DWG R2.1 file format|
|AutoCAD Version 2.5||2.5||7||DWG R2.5 file format|
|AutoCAD Version 2.6||2.6||8||DWG R2.6 file format. Last version to run without a math co-processor.|
|AutoCAD Release 9||9||9||DWG R9 file format|
|AutoCAD Release 10||10||10||DWG R10 file format|
|AutoCAD Release 11||11||11||DWG R11 file format, first version to incorporate basic 3D solid modelling|
via the Advanced Modeling Extension (AME)
|AutoCAD Release 12||12||12||DWG R11/R12 file format. Last release for Apple Macintosh till 2010.|
|AutoCAD Release 13||13||13||DWG R13 file format. Sole release for Windows NT Alpha. Last release for AIX,|
Solaris, IRIX, HP-UX, MS-DOS and Windows 3.1.
|AutoCAD Release 14||14||14||DWG R14 file format|
|AutoCAD 2000||15||15||DWG 2000 file format. Multi-Document Interface.|
|AutoCAD 2000i||15.1||16||– – –|
|AutoCAD 2002||15.2||17||– – –|
|AutoCAD 2004||16||18||DWG 2004 file format|
|AutoCAD 2005||16.1||19||– – –|
|AutoCAD 2006||16.2||20||Dynamic Block|
|AutoCAD 2007||17||21||DWG 2007 file format|
|AutoCAD 2008||17.1||22||Annotative objects introduced. AutoCAD 2008 and higher (including AutoCAD|
LT) can directly import and underlay *DGN* V8 files.
|AutoCAD 2009||17.2||23||Revisions to the user interface including the introduction of the Ribbon|
|AutoCAD 2010||18||24||DWG 2010 file format introduced. Parametrics introduced. Mesh 3D solid|
modeling introduced. PDF underlays. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of
AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD LT 2010 are compatible with and supported under
Microsoft Windows 7.
|AutoCAD 2011||18.1||25||Surface modeling, surface analysis and object transparency introduced.|
October 15, 2010 AutoCAD 2011 for Mac was released. Are compatible with
and supported under Microsoft Windows 7
|AutoCAD 2012||18.2||26||Associative array, model documentation, DGN editing. Support for complex|
line types in DGN files is improved in AutoCAD 2012.
|AutoCAD 2013||19||27||DWG 2013 file format (AC1027)|
|AutoCAD 2014||19.1||28||File tabs, design feed, reality capture, live maps|
|AutoCAD 2015||20||29||Line smoothing (anti-aliasing)|
|AutoCAD 2016||20.1||30||More comprehensive canvas, richer design context, and intelligent new tools|
such as smart dimensioning, coordination model, and enhanced PDFs
|AutoCAD 2017||21||31||PDF import, associative center marks, and centerlines, DirectX 11 graphics|
|AutoCAD 2018||22||32||DWG 2018 file format and Mac|
|AutoCAD 2019||23||33||Specialized toolsets (electrical, architecture, MEP, etc.) with One|
AutoCAD, Shared Views, DWG Compare, Save To AutoCAD Web & Mobile
|AutoCAD 2020||23.1||34||New dark theme, quick measurements, blocks palette, Microsoft OneDrive and|
Box.com integration, dropped support for 32bit Windows
|AutoCAD 2021||24||35||Drawing history, Xref compare, Google drive integration, offline activation|
|AutoCAD 2022||24.1||36||Trace, Count, Floating Drawing|
|AutoCAD 2023||24.2||37||Count, Floating Windows, Trace Markup Import and Markup Assist with text|
recognition, improved 3D Graphics