What is Geotextile ??
Define Geotextile? Geotextile is defined as a permeable textile material used in contact with soil, rock, earth etc as an integral part of the civil engineering project, structure or system.
It may be of natural materials such as jute, coir, cotton etc. Or of synthetic polymers such as polypropylene, polyamide, polyester, polyethene.
Explain the functions of geotextiles ??
We simply defined WHAT IS GEOTEXTILE ?? You can check functions of geotextiles ppt for further information on the functions & applications of geotextiles.
Download functions of geotextiles pdf from this Link.
Read this article for the function of geotextile in road construction.
APPLICATIONS OF GEOTEXTILES
· Flexible paved road construction
· Pavement overlays
Flexible paved road construction
Table 1 Geotextile Requirements for Roadway Applications
|Apparent Opening size||m||< .00015|
2. Pavement overlays
Table 2 Paving Fabric Requirements
|Mass per Unit area||Kg/m2||.auto|
|Ultimate Elongation||%`||> 50|
Table 3 Physical Requirements for Drainage Applications
|Property||Unit||High survivability||Moderate survivability|
|Elongation at break||%||60||60||60|
Geotextiles are an efficient effective and economic method of solving most of the geotechnical problems in roads.
The design engineer should be well aware of the possible problems and should use this relatively new tool for solving them.
For this, he should understand properties and capabilities of the geotextile material at hand.
- AutoCAD Versions List 2023 with Free Download Links
- Top 10 Longest Bridge in India With Details and Basic Information
- Tiles Calculator Room, Kitchen, Bathroom With Price Table and Guide
- Top 25+ Best Project Topics In Structural Engineering
- Plumbing Trap Guide
- Measures to avoid cracking in fresh concrete
- Septic Tank Wikipedia – The Complete Guide 2022
- Major Types of Construction
- Burj Khalifa Quick Info
- The Standard Room Sizes Of A House in India With Free PDF