“Building” is a term that is used to describe any structure that has been constructed or erected for the purpose of housing or sheltering people, animals, or things. The word “building” comes from the Old English word “byldan” which means to build or construct. The term is a generic one that encompasses all types of constructions, from small residential homes to large commercial and industrial buildings.
The word “building” is used because it describes the act of creating something from various materials and elements. The term can refer to both the process of constructing a structure, as well as the finished product. It encompasses all the stages involved in the process: from the planning and design, to the excavation, foundation, framing, finishing, and everything in between.
“Building” is also used to distinguish between structures that are permanent and intended for long-term use and temporary structures such as tents or shacks. It also implies that the structure is intended for human use, as opposed to structures such as bridges or dams which are primarily for other purposes.
In summary, the term “building” is used because it describes the process of constructing a structure and the finished product, it encompasses all types of constructions and it implies that the structure is intended for human use.
- Hindware Sanitary Ware
- What are Cracks in Building Construction?
- Waste Water Treatment
- [25+ PDF] Engineering Mechanics Books Free Download
- Download Primavera Civil Engineering Software | 100% Free & Legal
- Vastu Shastra : Vaastu For House, Office, Home (51+ Tips With Pics)
- Modern Methods of Preventing Construction Site Theft
- Storm Water Management
- Curing of Concrete | Curing time & Duration | Curing methods
- AutoCAD Fusion 360 Software