Best Job For Civil Engineer In India – Civil Engineering is a very extensive profession. To begin with, you can join a good contractor to learn all the characteristics, be it planning, accounting, budgeting & costing, activities related to the site and its interrelationships, etc.
In government departments, MNCs, Public Sector Units (PSUs), as well as private organisations, civil engineers may work.
In major construction projects undertaken by central and state government entities, opportunities exist.
Once a person has 3-4 years of experience, he may turn to contractors of either Grade-A or B to try complex construction techniques with mechanical means, i.e. using equipment such as transit mixtures, tower cranes, etc.
It all depends on whether you want desk work or jobs connected to the web. There is often a need to visit the site in some form or other desk jobs, such as planning schedules, billing, etc.
Via UPSC for CPWD, Railways, PWD, etc., you can apply for government & PSU jobs. Seeing it all relies on what you’re interested in.
For better prospects, you can also go for advanced studies in Structure Design, Surveying, Geo-Technical Engineering, Plumbing & Fire Fighting Engineering, Environment Engineering in Industrial Units related to Pollution Control.
The civil services that perform the technical and administrative roles of the Government of India are Indian Engineering Services, abbreviated as IES.
Like most nations, on the basis of merit, the Government of India hires its civil servants and officials, through competitive examinations, the middle management positions in the bureaucracy are buried.
Significant numbers of applicants, vying for small places, take these exams. The union government hires IES officers on the recommendations made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
The UPSC performs a cumulative three-stage comparative assessment (comprising five tests), called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE), for Indian Engineering Services recruitment. The examination notification is usually announced in September.
best job for civil engineer in india
1. Engineering Project Managers
Engineering project managers have an average salary of Rs 40-60K.
To be a specialist in this area, you need to have a civil engineering diploma or degree.
You need to schedule, guide, coordinate projects including preparing plans, managing financial records, product strategy, and ensure project security protocols in this profile.
2. Senior Civil Engineer
A senior civil engineer’s average salary is Rs 30-50K. With relevant experience, you need to have a bachelor’s degree or civil engineering diploma.
The work profile of a structural engineer is to create or restore buildings, roads, bridges and other structures.
3. Engineering Managers
Engineering managers’ average salary is Rs 50-70K. A civil engineering diploma or a degree is required.
You need to schedule, coordinate, guide, monitor, and track the work of the engineering department, project, or company in this profile.
4. Civil Engineer
A civil engineer’s average salary is around Rs35-45K, but if you master one of the software’s like Staad Pro, you will get a pay rise.
A bachelor’s degree or a diploma in civil engineering with relevant experience is required. Usually all the buildings and infrastructure are designed and restored by a structural engineer.
An architect’s average salary is around Rs 35000 to 45000, and salaries are improving according to projects, too, so this is one of India’s highest paid jobs in civil engineering.
Getting a bachelor’s degree or a diploma from a vocational school is expected. The architect creates plans and designs for industrial, educational, and residential buildings.
6. Civil Engineering Draftsman or CE Drafter
The average salary of a drafter in civil engineering is approximately Rs 20,000 to 40,000. For a career in this area, it is important to have a civil engineering diploma or degree.
This profile is made up of civil design engineers and engineers planning infrastructure plans and related technical details.
7. Land Surveyor
A land surveyor’s average salary is around Rs 30000 to 40000. In order to start a career in this area, it is necessary to have a civil engineering diploma or a degree.
You need to guide, execute, build and plan official documents as a land surveyor.
8. Civil Engineering Technician
The average civil engineering technician’s salary is approximately Rs 30000 to Rs 40000. The work profile includes the creation of engineering sketches, requirements and the execution of different technical tasks, etc.
For a Civil Engineer, IES remains the most sought after profession. This will allow you one of the following to serve:
- P & T Building Works Service (DoT, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
- Survey of India Service
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Military Engineer Services)
- Military Engineer Services ( QS & C )
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers
- Central Water Engineering Service (Central Water Commission)
- Central Engineering Service (Central Public Works Department)
- Border Roads Engineering Service (Border Roads Organisation)
- Indian Railway Stores Service
- Central Engineering Service (Ministry of Road Transport & Highways)
civil engineering companies
Some of the top companies that hire Civil Engineering graduates:
- Balaji Railroad Systems Ltd
- Dr. Kelkar Consultants Pvt. Ltd
- Expert Technology
- Gammon India Ltd.
- GMR Group
- Godrej Properties
- Hindustan Construction Company (HCC)
- Hiranandani Construction Pvt. Ltd
- IVRCL Infrastructure & Projects Ltd
- Jaiprakash Associates
- Jaypee Group
- Larsen and Toubro
- Macro Marvel Infrastructure Corporation Ltd
- Nagarjuna Construction Company,
- Nircon Engineering Consultants
- Oberoi Reality
- Potential Consultants
- Prestige estates
- Punj LLoyd Group,
- RDS Projects Ltd
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Company
- Simplex Projects Ltd
- Sobha Developers Limited
- Vadakar and Associates, etc.
Civil Engineering Government Companies
Public Sector Companies hiring Civil Engineering Graduates:
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- GAIL – Gas Authority of India Limited
- HAL – Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- IOCL – Indian Oil Corporation
- ISRO – Indian Space Research Organisation
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- SAIL – Steel Authority of India Limited