Civil Engineer Job Description – Civil engineers design, plan and oversee construction projects such as railways and roads.
Civil engineers are developing, enhancing and preserving the world we work in.
Construction and maintenance of building facilities and utilities, such as highways, railways, airports, bridges, ports, dams, irrigation schemes, power plants, and water and sewerage systems, are planned, constructed and supervised.
Tall buildings and large structures that can withstand all weather conditions are also planned and constructed.
Civil engineers typically fall into two types: consultant and contracting engineers.
Consultants are responsible for project management work and predominantly work in an office.
Contractors then take the designs and, during construction, execute them. Contractors function on site, overseeing the structure’s design.
Depending on whether you are a contractor or a consultant, work activities can include:
- assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- managing budgets and project resources
- resolving design and development problems
- scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- undertaking complex calculations
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs
Key skills for civil engineers
Employers are looking for graduates who, within a team setting, are commercially aware and willing to work well. Other core abilities include:
- ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- complete knowledge of relevant legislation.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- problem-solving skills
- sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- the ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- Puja Ghar Vastu in Hindi – पूजा कक्ष के लिए वास्तु टिप्स - February 25, 2021
- Vastu Shastra : Vastu For House , Home (51+ Tips With images) - February 25, 2021
- सेप्टिक टैंक के लिए वास्तु टिप्स – Septic Tank Vastu Tips In Hindi - February 25, 2021